Wednesday 25 April 2012

OFFICIAL SONG OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY


I'm From New Jersey Written & Music by Red Mascara
Verse (Ad lib)
I know of a state that's a perfect playland with white sandy beaches by the sea;
With fun-filled mountains, lakes and parks, and folks with hospitality;
With historic towns where battles were fought, and presidents have made their home;
It's called New Jersey, and I toast and tout it wherever I may roam. 'Cause . . .
First Chorus
I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I'm proud about it, I love the Garden State.
I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I want to shout it, I think it's simply great.
All of the other states throughout the nation may mean a lot to some;
But I wouldn't want another, Jersey is like no other, I'm glad that's where I'm from.
Second Chorus
If you want glamour, try Atlantic City or Wildwood by the sea;
Then there is Trenton, Princeton, and Fort Monmouth, they all made history.
Each little town has got that certain something, from High Point to Cape May;
And some place like Mantoloking, Phillipsburg, or Hoboken will steal your heart away.

New Jersey's Unofficial State Song "I'm From New Jersey," passed both Legislative Houses in 1972. However it was not signed into law by the Governor. It remains popular statewide and on the Web.
Copyright © 1961, 1989 By Red Mascara-All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment